Wednesday 12 January 2022

Keeping Busy

             Wow! I hadn't realised it was such a long time since I'd posted!

For the last few months I have resorted to weaving with woollen yarn to keep me busy and feeling positive.

Uppingham yarns sell a colourful range of shetland woollen yarns and having started our daughter in law off with her first weaving project, before she, our son and two grandsons went to live in Australia, I was encouraged to weave with them.

I was going to weave lengths to make bags but, as shawls and 'tartan' clothing has become fashionable I decided to come up with a range shawls in interesting colour schemes.





At first I planned to weave only one shawl per warp but it takes some time to work out the warp design and set up the loom ready for weaving so I decided to plan two shawls per warp. These two shawls, in a russet colour scheme, were the first.

I was commissioned to weave one similar in 'Christmas' colours and I must admit to being a little concerned about this - red and green - but the finished shawl pleased the recipient and because the colours were quite subtle I was pleasantly surprised/happy with the result myself!

 My favourite so far!  


No comments:

Post a Comment