Tuesday 12 January 2010

First card of 2010


I made this card last week for my childhood friend who I have not seen for 50 years. We keep in touch at christmas and her birthday is January 8th. I always thought it a shame to have to celebrate her birthday so soon after christmas and was glad that mine is in the middle of summer so the presents were spread during the year.
I used one stamp, the crocus, which came to me last year as a freeby with an order from Graphicus. I thought that the handpainted yellow flowers would be cheery at a time when so many of us are/have been snowed in with difficulties getting from place to place. Vivienne I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely cheerful card with that hint of spring not being too far away. I'm positive your friend will love it.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete