Wednesday 18 March 2020

Nature's Inspiration

 INSPIRED BY NATURE




I have always been fond of primulas and violets.
As a child I picked many primroses and cowslips on the banks at Cresswell, Northumberland, where my parents took us regularly, even before they had a static caravan on the site facing the North Sea.
In our garden patches of primulae alternate with the flowers of spring bulbs.




   












Two or three days ago I was wondering what my latest craft project could be. With this in mind I had a rummage through my 'stash' of spinning fibres and decided to try to spin a yarn that represented the blooms in our garden.





I spun with green alone on one bobbin and the second I spun with equal amounts of the flower and leaf colours.

Unfortunately, the green is rather more blue than the actual leaf colours and maybe I should have distributed the colours more evenly in small amounts/flecks of the flower colours but still, I think I will dye some wool roving, matching the colours better with the 'real thing'.

I have just the resource to help me!!!!!!!

 This was a project undertaken with the cooperation of the members of two guilds, Bedfordshire Guild WSD and Longdraw Spinners and should be very useful to those who want to 'colour match' and not simply use the dyes as they come from the 'pot'. I wonder how many people have used them?








No comments:

Post a Comment