Thursday 29 January 2009

I'm thrilled


Well, I wasn't going to post so early in the day but...... I've just managed to convert an 'unknown' negative into a black and white photo. It's the subject matter that excites me so and hubby isn't at home at the moment to share it with, so I decided to share it with you. Normally I hate any photos of me but in this one no -one would recognise me. Any way, the excitement is because it is of my cousin, me and our grandad outside my childhood home, back gate open. I was born in Ashington, Northumberland, but my parents brought me and my brother to Bedfordshire when I was at the age of 13. I visit as regularly as possible and always have to walk by my old home but never have the courage to open the gate, just incase it has changed too much. I had, until this moment, only a picture in my head. Can you beleive that the shed on the left is where my mum did the family wash every Monday morning! We forget, sometimes, how lucky we are and how far we have come. Perhaps this was taken on a Monday, as I can just see some washing on the line.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Love the blog, your back ground is fab !

    I was given a challenge to day and had to pass it on so here goes, You have to look on your computer pick the 6th album and post the 6th pic and explain about it and then pass this challenge onto 6 people.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete